Sunday, September 23, 2007

it's all in your head

Charm City Cross race was today, I raced in the C class, I finished though I wanted to quit after every lap until I heard FatMarc and Rob yelling encouragement and asking about my leg...... The encouragement kept me going, my leg felt like a foreign object, it was not very useful, though I did manage to get through unscathed...
The gals a passed me, I cheered them on, Mr's Vettori Lapped me, just as I was finishing up, I was stoked for her... Anne rock came by me on the first lap like I was standing still, wait I was standing still I allowed a pack of shecrossers to hustle by, then continued on with my quest....
I had a great time, It's been a really long time sinced I raced a cyclocross bike and even though I felt like a cat in a tube sock, I wondered why I stopped racing cyclocross...
I accomplished 3 things today
Don't DNF
Don't puke
Don't finish last
all accomplished
One of the other things that kept me going was what would I tell the wife and kids when I got home... Daddy isn't a quitter I may not have raced well, but I still had a great time.... see ya next race..
UBER KUDOS to FatMarc for winning his race today, he is a proud man today on a fantastic team.....more will emerge from the C3 team as the season unfolds....

Sidenote there were over 100 racers in the class I raced in from what I had overheard, I placed 56th.... I'm happy, my bike felt great.... I'll post more tomorrow.....

4 comments:

CTodd said...

Nice! Congrats on finishing your race!

Chris Mayhew said...

Good finish, great attitude man.

kd said...

awesome awesome awesome.
and Biketopia had some great representation at the series wrap-up, as well...
Good for you, good for your team!

gwadzilla said...

looked for you after the race...

but was mainly running around with my kids

good job out there

I think that most people want to quit on each lap
those who do not want to quit are not trying hard enough